Monitor Database Performance with NuoDB Insights
NuoDB Insights is a graphical dashboard that provides users a detailed view into their NuoDB database. The visual dashboard allows users to understand the performance and overall health of their NuoDB database environment.
Enable NuoDB Insights to gain a graphical view into aggregate system-level data that will help you better understand your overall application workload demands, and how to optimize and troubleshoot your NuoDB database and processes.
You'll gain access to real-time and historical trending data, including:
- Lifecycle events - start / stop, transactions per second (TPS) timing
- System configuration data - CPU usage, memory, disk, and networking resource usage and constraints
- NuoDB performance data - response times, load averages, number of application connections, and so much more...
Disabled by default, you must enable NuoDB Insights before it will capture and display any data.*
Once either the hosted in NuoDB AWS portal or locally hosted option is installed, the NuoDB Insights monitoring dashboard can be accessed through a dedicated URL.
NuoDB Insights is open source, and we welcome contributors to improve this monitoring software! If you’d like to participate in development, you can find the source code on GitHub.
* Usage Information does not include any personally identifiable information ("PII"), but may include some aggregated and anonymized information derived from data that may be considered PII in some contexts (e.g., user locations or IP addresses). NuoDB Insights is only available to NuoDB databases running on Linux, and requires Java 7 or 8, and Python 2.7 to operate.
Setting up NuoDB Insights
For Kubernetes Deployments…
- To quickly evaluate NuoDB and NuoDB Insights visual monitoring for yourself in Kubernetes, please visit our NuoDB Operator github page, section Configure NuoDB Insights Visual Monitor
For Physical/VM Deployments*
- Follow the instructions in the NuoDB documentation to start your NuoDB database. You can either refer to the Getting Started section or refer to the Domain Administration and Database Operations sections if you are customizing your deployment. For example, you may want to configure TLS security or customize database memory configuration.
STEP 2: START NUODB INSIGHTS
- On any host NuoDB Admin is installed, run:
- Read through terms & conditions message and enter "Y" to agree to install Insights
- Once you agree to the terms, your 10-digit Subscriber ID will be displayed
- If you chose to configure your database using TLS security, to enable NuoDB Insights to use TLS security, copy your existing client authorization .pem file to nuodb_insights.pem and place it in your /etc/nuodb/keys directory. For example:
cp nuocmd.pem /etc/nuodb/keys/nuodb_insights.pem
- Paste your Subscriber ID into the Insights URL to display your NuoDB Insights Dashboard:
*For Legacy NuoAgent domain and database management that was available in NuoDB 3.X, see Deprecated Documentation for instructions on how to start NuoDB Insights.
That's it! You're well on your way to optimizing your NuoDB database environment.
Have a Question?
Visit the NuoDB Community Forum to look for help and post your question!