NuoDB and SQL Consistency
Managing Consistency & ACID Transactions
In a distributed environment, conflicting transactions come in non-stop. NuoDB provides SQL consistency while delivering the performance you need in a distributed database.
Is Your Data Consistent & Available?
- ACID transactions
Maintain ACID compliance while scaling on demand in a distributed environment
- Transactional consistency
Don’t rely on your programmers to maintain data consistency; ensure your critical data is correct by leveraging a database that provides data consistency
- Deploy mission critical applications
Run critical workloads in a distributed setting while maintaining consistency
How does SQL consistency help you?
- Manage data consistency without adding application complexity and complicated, error-prone application code as required by distributed eventually consistent databases.
- Minimize the risk of migrating existing SQL applications to a distributed NoSQL database without a significant application rewrite.
- Gain active-active benefits as part of the database, eliminating the need for additional software.
- Read AND write from multiple hosts while maintaining SQL consistency across multiple nodes.
- Get guaranteed atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability for your mission-critical applications in the cloud.
How does NuoDB deliver the SQL consistency you need?
NuoDB uses a peer-to-peer architecture that delivers in-memory speeds, continuous availability, and on demand scalability. The database consists of three layers, each of which scale independently to meet demand
- Transaction Engines (TEs): A distributed in-memory, transaction processing layer that places data close to the application or the users. This allows the application to naturally build up in-memory caches of frequently-accessed data in the location where it is needed most.
- Storage Managers (SMs): A distributed storage layer that collaborates with TEs to provide durability guarantees with high read/write throughput, ensuring data availability for HA and DR protection.
- NuoDB Admin: A distributed layer that manages the distributed database resources, database lifecycle, and database state transitions.